Cranial Sacral Therapy for Babies, Children and Adults
Cranial Sacral (CS) is a very gentle, non-invasive, fully clothed hands-on therapy. It focuses on our central nervous system, and our energy and fluid bodies, to enhance the health in our system.
Combined with Somatic Pre- & Perinatal Psychology, Energy Healing and Developmental Attachment, CS heals and resolves womb and birth imprints and trauma. This work is available in video sessions.
CS unwinds and settles our nervous system, resolves and integrates trauma and welcomes the soul’s essence into deeper embodiment.
Contact me for my sliding scale. Sessions are one hour. PayPal, Venmo (US) and cards accepted
For a free initial 20-minute Zoom consultation email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cranial Sacral for Babies:
Babies can have much to share with us about their creation journey. Cranial Sacral supports integration through deep somatic listening, empathy and very gentle touch allowing baby to tell her story and release what is held in her system.
CS helps if your baby is:
- Fussy or colicky
- Having digestive issues
- Crying a lot or crying inconsolably (trauma crying)
- Having feeding or sleeping issues
- Unable to settle
- Uncomfortable in his/her body
- Suffering from stress or trauma
- Grieving a loss (prenatal bereavement, separation after birth, twin loss, etc.)
- Unable to relax and rest deeply
- Disconnected (not attaching fully, not present in their eyes/body)
- Challenged by a stressful womb or birth experience (including medical interventions)
When babies get help early on they can reach their full potential and meet life feeling integrated and embodied, with a regulated nervous system.
Home visits available for newborns in Bristol, UK or if mum is incapacitated and unable to meet in person. This option is suspended during Covid, call me for updates.
Cranial Sacral for Children:
Helps children with:
- Unwinding tension, stress and anxiety and building resources
- Slowing down
- Sleep issues
- Settling the nervous system (unable to be calm, stop or rest deeply)
- Unresolved issues, stress or trauma
- Hyperactivity – (A revved or anxious nervous system, sometimes caused by
- Pitocin, and by womb and birth imprints)
- Feeling ungrounded and off-centre (banging into objects, not finding their feet, scattered energy, unable to focus)
- Difficult or stressful womb or birth experiences (see Family Support: Womb & Birth Play for Children)
Depending on the age of the child and their ability to be still or lay down I may combine CS with play. After a few sessions wiggly younger children may be able to be still for longer periods of time.
Cranial Sacral for Adults:
- Deep relaxation
- Aches and pains
- Unwinding tension, anxiety and stress
- Imprints held in the body that cause discomfort or pain
- Calming your nervous system (shifting away from anxiety and mind loops, etc.)
- Unresolved issues held in the body
- Feeling ungrounded and off-center
- Connecting your body to its inherent health
- Self-care and maintenance
For a free initial 20-minute consultation text/call 07869 174405 (UK +44) or email email@example.com
"My experiences with Karen allowed me to more readily access how my actions and emotions would affect my babe throughout her life, and to become more conscious in handling them. I had a very conscious, gentle, and loving birth experience with my child, even though my birth did not go as smoothly as we had hoped. The sense of peace and connection that was deepened in these sessions has carried through in my relationship with both my partner, and my child, so that we are a more loving and conscious family. We are so grateful for your help!"
Hannah, Marin County
"My husband and I took Karen's Journey into Life class, which I genuinely recommend. At 7 months pregnant we wanted to be clear in our understanding and emotions before birthing at home in a remote location. With Karen's kind and expert guidance, and the safe loving space she provides, I was able to attain deep understanding about my own birth and how it was affecting my way of being in the world. This helped me to move beyond some previously unknown limiting patterns. The wellbeing of my unborn child was always a top concern and we felt deeply bonded as a family. My level of empathy and understanding for what my baby was about to go through was greatly enriched. We were so impressed by the classes that we had some private in-utero healing sessions for baby, which were even more profound. Thank you so much Karen for all of your help and guidance!"
Artemis, Sonoma County, CA