Page Content: C.S. for Babies → C..S. for Children → C.S. for Adults → A Baby’s Story → Description → Costs
Cranial-Sacral for Babies:
This healing work helps if your baby is:
- Fussy or colicky
- Having digestive issues
- Crying a lot, or crying inconsolably (this is trauma crying).
- Having feeding or sleeping issues.
- Unable to settle
- Uncomfortable in his/her body
- Suffering from stress or trauma
- Grieving a loss (prenatal bereavement, separation after birth, twin loss, etc)
- Unable to relax and rest deeply
- Disconnected (not attaching fully, not present in their eyes/body)
- Had a difficult or stressful womb or birth experience (cesarean section, induction, other medical interventions, long or short labor, etc).
Home visits are available for newborns in the Santa Rosa and Sebastopol areas, or if mom is incapacitated and unable to come to my office. Call me to discuss this option.
Babies can have much to share with us about what it was like for them to make their epic journey into life. Cranial-Sacral healing supports integration through deep listening, empathy, and very gentle touch allowing baby to tell her story and release what is held in her system.
When infants get help early they are supported to reach their full potential, and are able to meet life feeling integrated and embodied, with a fully functional nervous system.
Cranial Sacral for Children:
Helps children with:
- Unwinding tension, stress and anxiety.
- Connecting their body-system to its inherent health.
- Slowing down.
- Sleep issues.
- An unsettled nervous system (unable to be calm and/or rest deeply).
- Unresolved issues held in his/her body-system.
- Hyperactivity – a revved or anxious nervous system can keep them continually active and unable to let down (sometimes caused by Pitocin at birth). Womb and birth imprints can also contribute to this state.
- Feeling ungrounded and off center (banging into objects, not finding their feet, scattered energy).
- Aches and pains.
- Difficult or stressful womb or birth experiences (if there has been high stress or trauma during this period go to Womb & Birth Play for Children page).
Depending on the age of the child, and their ability to lay on the massage table for treatment, I may combine the Cranial Sacral healing session with play. In this way they can tell their story partly through play, interspersed with cranial sacral healing. Play is the natural organic language of children. After a few sessions more active and wiggly children will be calm enough to lie on the table for longer periods of time.
Cranial Sacral for Adults:
- Deep relaxation.
- Aches and pains.
- Unwinding tension, anxiety, and stress.
- Imprints held in the body that cause discomfort, or pain.
- Bringing your nervous system to a calm, regulated state (shifting away from anxiety and mind loops, etc).
- Unresolved issues held in the body-system.
- Feeling ungrounded and off center.
- Connecting your body-system to its inherent health.
- Self-care and maintenance